ASTM B232: Standard Specification for Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated-Steel Reinforced (ACSR)
ASTM B230: Standard Specification for Aluminum 1350–H19 Wire for Electrical Purposes
ASTM B498/B498M: Standard Specification for Zinc-Coated (Galvanized) Steel Core Wire for Use in Overhead Electrical Conductors
ACSR (aluminum conductor steel reinforced) conductor is widely used in power transmission lines with various voltage levels due to its advantages such as simple structure, low cost, etc. It is also suitable for laying across rivers and valleys where special geographical teatures exist. According to different sag and tensile requirements, steel wires of different tensile strength can be used for ACSR conductor.
6) Tensile strength of steel wire: normal, high, extra-high and ultra-high grades available
7) Min. bending radius: 30~40 times cable radius
8) Conductor Size
Packaging & Shipping
Polythene Film Package
Steel wood drum with full lagging
Wood drums shipped
Steel-wood drums shipped
With its top engineering capacities and strict production procedures, Kosen Cable has become a recognized cable manufacturer in China. The services we provide include:
1. Technical consultation 2. Recommending right cable size and packaging solution according to customer’s requirements and quantity 3. Standard and customer-tailored cable sizes available
1. Factory visit available before placing the order 2. Products inspection before the shipment 3. Engineer instruction & supervising for installation available
1. Can you produce the overhead conductor as per IEC/BS/ASTM/DIN standard? For overhead head conductors (AAC, AAAC, ACSR, AACSR, ACAR, ABC, ACSS/TW, ACS, etc.), no matter what standard or cable size, they have the same material and production procedures. Kosen Cable can produce all the sizes of overhead conductor according to every international of national standards?
2. Is type test available? According to IEC standard, “Type tests are intended to verify the main characteristics of a conductor which depend mainly on its design. They are carried out once for a new design or manufacturing process of conductor and then subsequently repeated only when the design or manufacturing process is changed”. That means if the products adopts the same design and manufacturing process, one type test shall apply for all the sizes of the product. Kosen Cable now can provide ACSR, AAAC and ACFR (Aluminum Conductor Composite Core) type test reports issued by the recognized third-party lab.
3. What is the MOQ? The MOQ vary for different products. For overhead conductors, it is about 3 tons for a size. For ABC cable, it is about 5 km. For power cable it is 500 meters and building wire is 2 km. However, if customer’s logo or printing is not required, we may have stock for smaller quantities. The MOQ above is only for customer’s reference and please contact us for accurate information.
4. What is the packaging material of the cable? Kosen Cable will choose the right packaging according to the products, customer and delivery requirements. Usually for cables with a diameter less than 10mm, polythene film or polypropene strip is used. For other cables, steel-wood or wood drums are used.