ASTM B609 Aluminum 1350 Round Wire, Annealed and Intermediate Tempers, for Electrical Purposes
ASTM B606 Standard Specification for High-strength Zinc-coated Galvanized Steel Core Wire for Aluminum and Aluminum-alloy conductors steel reinforced.
ACSS/TW conductor isdesigned for overhead distribution and transmission lines. Compared with traditional ACSR conductor of the same sectional area, the trapezoidal aluminum wire can make its diameter smaller. Besides, the ACSS/TW adopts annealed aluminum as its conductor, which can reduce the conductor's resistance and increase its working temperature, thus increasing the current carrrying capacity dramatically.
1) Aluminum Wire
a. Code: 1350-0, annealed aluminum
b. Shape: trapezoidal
c. Conductivity: 61.8% IACS
d. Tensile Strength: 60~95 MPa
2) Steel Wire
a. Coating material: zinc or Zn-5Al-MM alloy available
b. Coaing weight: Class A
b. Tensile strength: high strength, ultra-high strength or extra-high strength available
3) Conductor Size (area equals to standard ACSR)
Size AWG or MCM
Stranding & Wire Dia.
Approx Overall Dia.
Max. Breaking Load( Standard Strength-Lbs)
No. of Layers of AL
No. of AL Wires
No.x ST Wire Dia.
Packaging & Shipping
Polythene Film Package
Steel wood drum with full lagging
Wood drums shipped
Steel-wood drums shipped
With its top engineering capacities and strict production procedures, Kosen Cable has become a recognized cable manufacturer in China. The services we provide include:
1. Technical consultation 2. Recommending right cable size and packaging solution according to customer’s requirements and quantity 3. Standard and customer-tailored cable sizes available
1. Factory visit available before placing the order 2. Products inspection before the shipment 3. Engineer instruction & supervising for installation available
1. Can you produce the overhead conductor as per IEC/BS/ASTM/DIN standard? For overhead head conductors (AAC, AAAC, ACSR, AACSR, ACAR, ABC, ACSS/TW, ACS, etc.), no matter what standard or cable size, they have the same material and production procedures. Kosen Cable can produce all the sizes of overhead conductor according to every international of national standards?
2. Is type test available? According to IEC standard, “Type tests are intended to verify the main characteristics of a conductor which depend mainly on its design. They are carried out once for a new design or manufacturing process of conductor and then subsequently repeated only when the design or manufacturing process is changed”. That means if the products adopts the same design and manufacturing process, one type test shall apply for all the sizes of the product. Kosen Cable now can provide ACSR, AAAC and ACFR (Aluminum Conductor Composite Core) type test reports issued by the recognized third-party lab.
3. What is the MOQ? The MOQ vary for different products. For overhead conductors, it is about 3 tons for a size. For ABC cable, it is about 5 km. For power cable it is 500 meters and building wire is 2 km. However, if customer’s logo or printing is not required, we may have stock for smaller quantities. The MOQ above is only for customer’s reference and please contact us for accurate information.
4. What is the packaging material of the cable? Kosen Cable will choose the right packaging according to the products, customer and delivery requirements. Usually for cables with a diameter less than 10mm, polythene film or polypropene strip is used. For other cables, steel-wood or wood drums are used.